Thursday, August 1, 2013

Banasticks!

That's right, banasticks!  Any idea what that means?  Okay, I'll put it in a sentence to give some context clues.

"At school today, I played banasticks.  I went in a tunnel."

Still no clue?  Allow me to put in my response for further clarification.

"Buddy, did you do somersaults and walk on the balance beam?"

"Yes, I played banasticks."

If I hadn't know that they were doing gymnastics at camp today, I would be clueless.  So, where's the funny part in this?

He then followed it up with, "Daddy, did you play banasticks at work today? No?  Then ask me about playing banasticks."  This was followed by several somersaults around our bedroom floor.

He's trying so hard to be polite and ask about what other people do during the day.  He asked me how my day was, then proceeded to tell me how he gave hugs and kisses to a classmate.  My first thought was, "did he do something to hurt her and was apologizing?" (He says no) I need to focus on the fact that my kid is a loving boy instead of a boy that really knows how to apologize!

No comments:

Post a Comment